pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

She's Goin' Zebra

Kailee is re-doing her room. Oh I'm helping, but for the most part, she's doing it! She decided what she wanted it to look like and we'll be going to town very soon. Then there will be more posts about zebra stuff. Cuz that's what she has chosen: bright pink & zebra stripes with a little "french inspired" stuff thrown in.

First up, my little creation on the fly. While at Hobby Lobby (my personal heaven on earth) I saw this plastic 99 cent plate and my mind started rolling...
I spotted this mirror and knew what was about to happen...
Add a little E-6000, black ribbon and some white vinyl and what do you get?
This:

I drilled two holes into the plate and threaded the ribbon through. Then I went crazy cutting odd shaped zebra stripes from vinyl and attached them to the edge of the plate, since that's all that would show. This seriously was my favorite part, cutting stripes, so therapeutic. Have you ever used E-6000? It's stinky, but it works! I glued the mirror to the plate and waited... 
It finally dried so that I could hang it up and get a picture. I love it, but I think I'm going to add some feathers to the edge? Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment