pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Project 2 and 2 1/2

Lucky You! You get a bonus project today. "Witch" is really a product. Keep reading, it'll all make sense.

So, I like to look at magazines and see little creative ideas or projects and think "I can do that." And that's where this project came from.
But you know those times when you have all the confidence that you can do and it just doesn't turn out the way you see it in your mind? Uh huh!

Project 2 of 13

Let's get started: 2 ft. 1x4, sand paper, spray paint, vinyl and some glitter. Oh, and some Mod Podge and saw tooth picture hangers.
Sand, spray paint, sand again. Cut vinyl letters. Place them on the board. Paint Mod Podge on pretty thick and sprinkle with glitter. Spray the board with clear spray paint to seal on the glitter. Nail the hangers onto the back. I used 2.

As soon as I get this on my porch with my witches broom, hat and shoes, I'll have to take another picture. Maybe I'll like it better with it's accessories? Because right now, I'm not in love. But at least you can envision some possibilites...

And project product 2 1/2:

My tomato plants went crazy this year. This one tomato had a mind of it's own. It grew a nose! "Witch" looks just like a witch nose. Ya think? I just had to make a hat and give it some hair for a little photo shoot.
I don't expect that you'll attempt this project, because quite honestly, I don't think I can do it again. :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the sign. Vinyl scares me, but it looks so beautiful. Amazing job! And that tomato is PERFECT! Only someone as creative as you would have seen that awesome witches nose! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete