pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gratitude

Every time I read this I can't help but to count my MANY blessings. This time of year truly puts life into perspective. I have so much to be grateful for. I need a reminder everyday to be thankful.

This happy little turkey is one of my favorite decorations. I only have a few fall/harvest/Thanksgiving decorations so I made this cute banner. And it also serves as a reminder to be thankful everyday!

I cut half circles from polka dot scrapbook paper. I put my Cricut to use and cut out the word "thankful."
I mounted to half circles on chipboard and inked and sanded the edges. Using one of my bajillion swirl/flourish stamps, I decorated my half circles. I pulled out some leaf shaped chipboard and some buttons and went to town. I adhered my letters to the banner, after I sent them through the embossing machine. It's all about texture! The edges were screaming for something else. But what? The look I was going for was more vintage-y/old. Coffee filters, yes! I cut the edges off the filter and bunched them up with glue around the edges of the 1/2 circles. I inked the filters for that old look. Last, I punched holes and tied the letters together with jute.
Can you see the texture? And the ruffled filters? I'm happy with this one.
I'm thankful for the little bits of creativity that I possess!

1 comment:

  1. This is PERFECT!!! I just LOVE the coffee filter idea. It turned out FABULOUS! And those little leaf and button embellishments are just the right touches. I LOVE this banner! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete